Join the AIWF Global Advisory Council
This is an open call for interested parties to apply to join the AIWF Global Advisory Council, a network of international senior leaders and supporters who will advise the organisation on specific areas of AIWF’s work. The role of our Global Advisory Council members is to support the Board in its mission to strengthen awareness for the AIWF mission across the regions, expand our reach and network, and scale up our international advocacy in women’s leadership, youth empowerment, sustainability, education, and economic inclusion.
Via an impartial and open selection process, AIWF is looking to appoint voluntary Global Advisory Council members, one from each of the 22 Arab States and up to 8 Advisory Council members from non-MENA countries where AIWF has an existing presence or can make significant impact (the UK, US, Germany, Italy, and France among them). There will also be an Advisory Council member appointed from the African and Asian regions.
The Advisory Council members will:
- Act as the designated AIWF representatives and visible focal points for our organisation within their home country;
- Represent AIWF at in-country events and conferences;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of AIWF events (whether virtual or later, in-person) held in their home country;
- Promote AIWF membership within their professional networks and actively refer new members to AIWF to become members;
- Support the mission and vision of AIWF through their thought leadership, in their own businesses or workplaces, and in their local communities;
- Help AIWF to promote local stories and less-publicised achievements and innovations of women and young leaders at local level; and
- Liaise with AIWF Partner Relations on potential new partnerships or strategic alliances within the home country
Candidates should be sustainability-focused, with a strong professional interest and a passion for women’s empowerment, youth engagement, civic participation, public service and education in the MENA Region in particular and globally in general.
Candidates should be well-connected with extensive professional networks within their home country, with a well-established reputation in their field and a track record of accomplishment in their own right in the MENA or internationally.
Senior international women leaders at Board / C-suite / executive level are strongly encouraged to apply.
The candidate should complete this application form and upload the requested documents (CV, photo, letter of interest, and a letter of reference) in support of their application. All applications should be submitted by 30 August 2021.
A shortlist of candidates will be contacted in late summer and informal virtual interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates through September 2021. A voluntary agreement will be presented to each Advisory Council member clearly outlining the nature and responsibilities of this voluntary role, and it will be a requirement of the role that quarterly ‘keeping in touch’ (virtual) meetings are attended with the Chairman and Board of the Arab International Women’s Forum.
Please note that the biographies and photos of successful Advisory Council members will appear on the AIWF website. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of September 2021 and the first Council meeting will take place virtually in early October 2021.
Should you require any further information either before or after submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact the AIWF Team at email@example.com.