Join the AIWF Global Youth Council
This is an open call for interested parties to apply to join the AIWF Global Youth Council, a network of young leaders and supporters that aims to engage vital young voices, and scale up engagement between young people, governments, organisations and international institutions. The role of our Global Youth Council members is to support the Board in its mission to strengthen awareness among the next generation of young leaders for the AIWF mission across the regions, bring in vital youth perspectives in our programming and partnerships, and scale up our international advocacy on youth empowerment, entrepreneurship, education and civic engagement.
Via an impartial and open selection process, AIWF is looking to appoint voluntary Global Youth Council members, one from each of the 22 Arab States and up to 8 Advisory Council members from non-MENA countries where AIWF has an existing presence or can make significant impact (the UK, US, Germany, Italy, and France among them). There will also be a Youth Council member appointed from the African and Asian regions.
The Youth Council members will:
- Promote AIWF in their home country and university / entrepreneurship networks to raise awareness of the organisation among young people
- Act as the designated AIWF youth representatives and visible focal points for our organisation within their home country;
- Represent AIWF at in-country youth-oriented events and conferences;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of AIWF events (whether virtual or later, in-person) held in their home country;
- Support the mission and vision of AIWF in their academic and alumni communities, their workplaces, and in their own entrepreneurship and advocacy;
- Help AIWF to promote local stories and less-publicised achievements and innovations of young leaders.
Entrepreneurial candidates with strong digital and social media skills are strongly encouraged to apply, especially those who have startup, tech entrepreneurship or social enterprise experience
Sustainability-focused, with a strong professional interest and a passion for women’s empowerment, youth engagement, civic participation and education
Well-connected and proactive with solid academic or entrepreneurial networks within their home country, and a well-established reputation for startup thinking, innovation, and youth advocacy.
The candidate should complete this application form and upload the requested documents (CV, photo, letter of interest, and a letter of reference) in support of their application. Applications will be accepted on an open rolling basis until all positions on the Council are filled.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a brief informal virtual discussion within 28 days of their application being received.
A voluntary agreement will be presented to each Youth Council member clearly outlining the nature and responsibilities of this voluntary role, and it will be a requirement of the role that quarterly ‘keeping in touch’ (virtual) meetings are attended with the Chairman and Board of the Arab International Women’s Forum.
Please note that the biographies and photos of successful Youth Council members will appear on the AIWF website.
Should you require any further information either before or after submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact the AIWF Team at email@example.com.