In 2022-2023, AIWF and Pfizer will collaborate on a virtual panel series exploring salient diversity issues impacting women’s inclusion in global and MENA health. In the first session, in December 2022, we will discuss the importance of mentoring and nurturing the next generation of women leaders in health. In the second session, in March 2023, we will address the gender pay and leadership gap. In the third and final session, we will examine key drivers and outcomes of diversity in the innovation landscape and on clinical trials. The proceedings of each panel event will be synthesised to culminate in a report and recommendations to be published jointly by AIWF and Pfizer in 2023.
The first panel event in the series takes place on Tuesday 13 December 2022 at 12:00 UK / 16:00 UAE. In this session, a high-level DEI panel will explore the importance of mentorship, role modelling, recognition, and visibility in empowering women to progress in their careers in the health sectors in the MENA region, in discovery, research, and innovation. Specifically, we will discuss:
– How we can motivate and inspire young women in health / pharma to progress in their careers and break away from workplace culture labelling;
– The impact of positive role modelling and mentorship on women’s career progression, motivation and self-belief;
– Why women in health / pharma need to be recognised for their achievements and how we can ensure this recognition;
– How the technique of ‘amplification’ can help promote women’s leadership in healthcare workplaces (restating important points made by other women and giving them appropriate credit); and
– Why visibility is important for women’s career progression (and how we can help women achieve this visibility in healthcare working culture).
For this session, which will be moderated by Ouardia Djoudjai, Category Lead Oncology for Pfizer, we will welcome:
Dr Oualae Alami, Global Influenza Lead, Pfizer & AIWF Board Member
Dr Asma Al Mannaei, Executive Director of Research and Innovation Center – Department of Health, UAE
Dr Maryam Matar, Founder and Chairperson, UAE Genetic Diseases Association, UAE
Dr Maha Mozaini, Scientist & Director, King Faisal Specialist Hospital & Research Center, KSA
Registration is now open here. We look forward to welcoming you.